Currently, in Anchorage, the temperature is averaging about 22F which is below freezing, so staying outside isn’t really a very liable option. When it’s this cold outside why not head inside for a nice cold one? Out of all the bars in Anchorage, here are best of the best:
- Darwin’s Theory, a classic local favorite and popular “tourist trap”. Located on G st. in the heart of down town. It’s a great stop to wind down while exploring the many shops around the area. Known for being the number 1 seller of cinnamon schnapps in the world with a drink called “Red Hot.” This is bound to warm you right up.
- The 49th Brewing Co., located on W 3rd, is also a down town bar. A new comer to the scene, it just opened in late 2016. But it’s already made a name for itself with an award winning beer and rooftop patio overlooking the Cook Inlet and Alaska Range.
- Rounding out the middle of the pack is Koot’s which is known for having something happening every night. It’s a huge nightclub with 3 stages, 3 dance floors & 10 bars that host DJs, comedians & live music. This local favorite is located on the end of Spenard Rd.
- If you’re looking for something a little more casual and/or traditional then Reilly’s Irish Pub is for you. Located on Fireweed Ln. Known for their cold Irish ales and warm Irish coffee this pub is a great spot any time of the year to receive some great Alaskan hospitality.
- Located in South Anchorage, Midnight Sun Brewery offers crazy cool beers and fresh food with a modern industrial twist. They even have a gift shop so you can take something home to remind you of the cold days and cold beers you had while up in Alaska.
Come on up and sample them for yourself. Which one will your favorite be?